Thursday, November 21
11:30 to 1:30PM (ET)
Washington Court Hotel
Lunch starts at 11:30 AM (ET)
Program starts at 12 PM (ET)
Join the Council to Secure the Digital Economy (CSDE) to hear communications, technology and policy leaders discuss the role of industry innovators in advancing global policy objectives for combating botnets and reducing cyber threats to the Internet of Things.
CSDE also is releasing the 2020 edition of the International Botnet and IoT Security Guide. Built upon the success of last year’s Guide – the Internet Governance Forum of the United Nations recognized the guide for promoting multi-stakeholder collaboration – the new edition includes specific recommendations for IoT device security.
• Jonathan Spalter, President & CEO, USTelecom
• Diane Rinaldo, Assistant Secretary, NTIA (Acting)
Panel: Influencing Global Policy and Collaboration on IOT and Botnets
• Christopher Boyer, Vice President, Global Public Policy, AT&T
• Kathryn Condello, Sr. Director, NS/EP, CenturyLink
• John Godfrey, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Samsung
• Moderator: Robert Mayer, Senior Vice President, Cybersecurity, USTelecom
• Michael Bergman, Vice President, Technology & Standards, CTA
• Robert Mayer, Senior Vice President, Cybersecurity, USTelecom
About the International Botnet and IoT Security Guide 2020. The first CSDE International Botnet Guide, released in November of 2018, is among the world’s leading initiatives to dramatically reduce destructive botnet attacks. The 2020 edition will include specific recommendations for Internet of Things (IoT) device security, based on the CSDE’s landmark white paper – the C2 Consensus – endorsed by leading organizations representing thousands of companies.
On November 29, 2018, the Council to Secure the Digital Economy released the International Anti-Botnet Guide. Industry experts discussed the development of the report and strategies for government and industry collaboration on combating cyber threats domestically and internationally.
Panel 1: The Development of the International Anti-Botnet Guide
Panel 2: Implementation of Anti-Botnet Capabilities